Network Management Lead - Shaw AFB, SC
Reviews, plans, and evaluates network systems. May troubleshoot network systems and recommend improvements to network. Provides documentation/project tracking and management reporting. Provides tactical and strategic input on overall network planning and related projects. Familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Performs a variety of complicated tasks. May lead and direct the work of others. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
To apply, will require active/current Top Secret Clearance with SCI eligibility.
- Provide Tier 2 technical support (diagnosis, analysis and troubleshooting and resolution for more complex network, client and end-user connectivity issues escalated by Tier 1 technical support staff);
- Add and remove client devices (e.g., PCs, Thin Clients, VoIPs, VoSIPs, VTCs, DVTCs, peripherals, etc.) from networks;
- Operate and maintain call manager (Cisco Unified Communications Manager); implement add, moves and changes; and manage DHCP reservations;
- Update and patch network equipment, firmware and software to ensure configuration and cybersecurity compliance;
- Operate and maintain access control systems; and manage and configure MAC address authentication;
- Administer network administrative accounts and access;
- Operate and maintain network monitoring and analysis tools; and detect, analyze and resolve network infrastructure and systems problems;
- Monitor and control network performance, utilization and capacity to ensure optimal performance, availability, serviceability and recoverability; and report any vulnerabilities or deficiencies to 609 ACOMS and 609 EACOMS government technical representatives;
- Evaluate current infrastructure, research current technologies/solutions; and provide hardware/software upgrade and replacement recommendations for end-of-life/end-of-support COTS products to 609 ACOMS and 609 EACOMS government technical representatives;
- Assist with the tracking and management of COTS licenses, warranties, service level agreements renewals for network equipment and software;
- Support existing and new network cabling/wiring infrastructure (fiber and copper) to include installing, testing, troubleshooting, repairing and replacing cabling/wiring; and ensure cabling/wiring and patch panels are properly installed and labeled IAW Telecommunications Industry Association and Electronic Industries Alliance (TIA/EIA) and local standards;
- Assist with circuit actions to include preparing and coordinating requests for service; engineering, installing, testing and accepting or removing circuits per Telecommunications Service Orders; and preparing and maintaining circuit documentation and historical records;
- Set-up, tear-down, configure, troubleshoot and maintain deployable communications suites (e.g., ECKs and CFKs).
- Update and maintain Enterprise and AOC network configuration and connectivity drawings, diagrams and engineering and installation documentation, and publish semi-annually.
DoD 8570 Level 2 or higher (Security+); AND
CISCO Certified Network Associate (CCNA).
Must have at least Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Networking and 15 years of Switching and Routing Network experience.
Must have Knowledge of:
- Call Management;
- Communications Fly Away Kit (CFK)/Executive Communications Kit (ECK); Limited Circuit Actions; and DSN Phones
- Maintain 36 voice/video/data networks
- Authenticate 1500 devices over two networks
- CISCO (ACS, Routers, Switches, ASA, Communications)
- Encryptors (Taclanes/KGs)
- VoIP Phones
- Media Converters
- Patch Cables
- SolarWinds software
- DSN/analog phones
- PC's/Laptops - numerous
- Remedy ITSM
- Combat Track II System (CT-II)
- High Performance Wave (HPW)
- Iridium Ground Entry Point System (IGEPS)
- Joint Range Extension (JREAP-B & C)
- PRC 112 Radios
NOTE: To apply, will require active/current Top Secret Clearance with SCI eligibility.
EMW, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.