6426 - Principle Tech (UNIX Services) - L2 / 3 - Germany
Contract Principle Technician (UNIX Services Op & Mgnt) required ASAP for an initial period of 760 (5 months); COSMIC TOP SECRET is mandatory for this position
This is categorised at a Level 3 or Level 2 and currently rate is open.
NAEW&C Force is a unique organization operating as a multi-national fully integrated Air Force.
NAEW&C Force Ha organizational and functional structures enables independence and separation of governance, oversight, regulatory functions and responsibilities from execution level (E-3A1D Components), particularly E-3A Component and Mission System Engineering Centre (MSEC) collocated NATO Air Base Geilenkirchen.
Working within the Systems & Servers Section you will provide efficient installation, administration and maintenance of assigned IT systems (typically core server hardware and software) in support of E-3A Component's mission by operating WIN and UNIX development and production systems. You will provide and support deployable systems and you will execute or supports tasks in entire technical spectrum of lifecycle activities (requirements analysis, product selection and acquisition or design and assembly, customization, deployment, operation, repair, replacement, upgrade, servicing, and disposal) and supporting activities (verification and validation, configuration management, quality assurance, documentation, helpdesk) for assigned IT/CIS Systems and reports to Section Head (Systems & Server).
- Applying standard operating procedures to ensure efficient operation, administration, maintenance (both in-house and outsourced) of assigned IT/CIS systems;
- Applying standard operating procedures to provide 2nd level user support for assigned NAEW&C networks, Internet, System Software, data safety, support facilities for software and data maintenance, and other assigned special purpose IT/CIS systems;
- Executing essential operational support to all NAEW&C organisations, including, when needed, provision of support for contingency operations on a 24 hours a day, seven days a week basis, for an extended timeframe;
- Applying skills and techniques required to conduct advanced and in-depth troubleshooting of back-office IT/CIS infrastructure;
- Executing and/or supporting at NAEW&C level, IT/CIS trial installations, installation compatibility testing, software conflict identification testing and mitigation, in-house and outsourced technical support and maintenance (repair, replacement, upgrades) for assigned IT/CIS Systems
- Applying standard operating procedures for user account administration, system software and data configuration management, quality assurance of the technical system (product) and for maintenance of (in-house and outsourced) support processes and their technical documentation
- Executing and/or supporting installation services for IT/CIS system software and data
- Executing and/or supporting installation services for IT/CIS system hardware, software and data on server platforms
- Applying standard operating procedures to ensure all IT/CIS Systems comply with local and NATO security policies
- Applying configuration management policies and procedures (i.e. user and system administration, licence monitoring, product version identification and control, etc.) on both server and related client platforms
- Executing routine and contingency support for IT/CIS system installation and maintenance efforts at MOB, at FOBs/FOl, and at other deployed locations
- Taking part in IT/CIS flight or provides support for Operations and Exercise, Audits, Inspections and Technical Support Visits (TSVs) to FOBs/FOl and other deployed location
- Ensuring documentation of assigned NAEW&C IT/CIS systems and networks are kept up to date
The incumbent may be required to perform like duties elsewhere within the organisation as directed and is required to undertake operation deployments and/or TDY assignments both within and without NATO's boundaries. The work is normally performed in a typical Office / CIS Facility environment.
Solaris 9, 10, 11 (Administration level)
SAN / NAS
LDOM (Solaris Sparc virtualization)
ZFS Storage Appliance
Sun Enterprise Computing E25K / E15K
Secondary education and advanced vocational training in IT / CIS related fields coupled with at least 2 years related professional experience in field of IT / CIS as System Technician / Administrator or Helpdesk Technician. Completion of advanced IT / CIS system engineering training.
Security Clearance - NATO COSMIC TOP SECRET is MANDATORY for this position
Language - English SLP 3322 (Listening, Speaking, Reading and Writing)
Both EMW and NATO are Equal Opportunity Employers
COSMIC TOP SECRET is mandatory for this position