Cybersecurity Engineer II (USA)
- Ensures the rigorous application of cybersecurity policies, principles, and practices in the delivery of all Information Technology (IT) and cybersecurity services
- Develops and designs security solutions to maintain confidentiality, integrity, and availability of information throughout the enterprise
- Identifies, plans, and documents improvements to security controls currently in place
- Develops and documents recommendations and courses of action (COAs) to solve complex cybersecurity problems
- Develops and interprets cybersecurity requirements as part of the IT acquisition development process and assists in the formulation of cybersecurity/IT budgets
- Plans and schedules the installation of new or modified security hardware, operating systems, and software applications
- Ensures the assessment and implementation of identified computer and network environment fixes such as system patches and fixes associated with specific technical vulnerabilities as part of the Cybersecurity Vulnerability Management program
- Guides the implementation of appropriate operational structures and processes to ensure an effective cybersecurity program, including boundary defense, incident detection, and response
- Possesses a general understanding of the basic concepts of cyber engineering and cybersecurity
- Maintains general working knowledge and understanding of the DOD cybersecurity policies and the Risk Management Framework
- With minimal guidance, conducts cybersecurity engineering research and analysis and provides recommendations for the implementation of security mechanisms
- Provides technical assistance to the development of cybersecurity documentation, concept papers, and test plans required by Command policies, and the Risk Management Framework
- Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with other Government agencies
Qualifications: 10 years experience with cybersecurity or information assurance. Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Cybersecurity, Computer Engineering or a related discipline.
EMW, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Empolyer.