Systems Administration Lead - Shaw AFB, SC
Provides high-level subject matter proficiency for work described in the task. Provides advanced technical knowledge and analysis of highly specialized applications and operational environment, expert-level functional systems analysis, design, integration, documentation, training, and implementation advice on complex problems that require the highest level.
To apply, will require active/current Top Secret Clearance with SCI eligibility. Special Access Program (SAP)access required.
- Provide Tier 2 technical support;
- Install, configure, operate, manage, troubleshoot, repair, upgrade, inspect and maintain server systems (physical and virtual), including administration of core and functional services;
- Manage and administer user accounts, profiles and access;
- Monitoring user access and adherence to established policies and procedures to ensure a secure operating environment;
- Monitor workstation and server logs for errors and failures and perform appropriate troubleshooting and maintenance;
- Provide technical assistance for assigned projects;
- Provide desktop, server and software application integration support;
- Operate and maintain monitoring and analysis tools; and detect, analyze and resolve platform, infrastructure and system problems;
- Monitor and control system performance, utilization and capacity to ensure optimal performance, availability, serviceability and recoverability; and report any vulnerabilities or deficiencies to government technical representatives;
- Evaluate current architecture, research current technologies/solutions; and provide systems hardware/software upgrade and replacement recommendations for end-of-life/end-of-support COTS products to government technical representatives;
- Assist with the tracking and management of COTS licenses, warranties, service level agreements renewals for systems equipment and software;
- Coordinate with system program offices (or commercial vendors) and implement approved hardware/software changes, upgrades and enhancements, as directed by the Government.
DoD 8570 Level 2 or higher (Security+)
Oracle Certified Associate (OCA)
Oracle Certified Professional (OCP)
Red Hat Certified Systems Administrator (RHCSA), or equivalent
NetApp Certified Data Admin (NCDA); or
CISCO Certified Network Associate (CCNA) Data Center; or VMware Certified Associate (VCA)
Citrix Certified Associate -Virtualization (CCA-V)
Citrix Certified Associate -Networking (CCA-N)
Raytheon Trusted Computer Solutions Trusted Thin Client Administrator Training Course completed.
Must have at least Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems Management, Computer Engineering or related field and 15 years of experience.
Must have Knowledge of:
CISCO, IOS, Nexus, UCS
Citrix, NetScaler, XenApp
Client server hardware & software
Dell EX R630
Forcepoint Trusted Thin Client cross domain multilevel security solution
Includes: JTT, NCCT, eGPL)
JADOCS; TPG; ASTA-J; FalconView
MS Windows OS to include Server 2008 R2, 2012 R2, 2016
Networks (NIPR; SIPR; CSD; CX-SWA; Blacknet, TTCWeb0
Redhat Linux OS
Servers (DHCP, Distribution Consoles, Zone Data Collectors, Provisioning Services)
Sun boxes (UNIX)
TBMCS; MAAPTK (Master Air Attack Planning Tool Kit); and Intranet
UCS to include training on the fabric interconnect
UNIX and Oracle system
Windows and Unix environments
EMW, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.