Mid-Level IT Service Desk Technician (Information Technology Specialist II)
As a mid-level IT Specialist, you will be assisting a team that supports USCYBERCOM IT Help/Service Desk. We're looking for someone who has solid trouble-shooting skills and can interact with the customer for all types of IT support needs. Daily duties include:
• Performs entry-level IT administration and functions such as, user adds, moves and deletes, backup and restore, preventive maintenance, and upgrades
• Provides initial assessment, research, and resolution of basic incidents and requests regarding the use of application software products and infrastructure components
• Addresses and resolves basic incidents and requests and logs all incidents and requests
• Creates a positive client support experience and builds relationships through deep problem understanding, ensuring timely resolution
• Monitors systems and peripheral equipment, system processing, and error listings to maintain control of hardware and software malfunctions
• Creates/enhances the Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for the execution of the tasks above
• Assists/manages the USCYBERCOM IT Help/Service Desk Team
Additional skills that would help with position success:
• A problem solver who, can get in, be given a project, and use an engineering implementation plan and make it work from cradle to grave
• Has or is willing to gain some more diverse IT skills, including Linux, networking (CCNA would be awesome), and more
• Customer Focused
• VTC scheduling / troubleshooting experience
• Tier 1 support experience
• Experience with JIRA and Remedy
• Experience with Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM)
Minimum five (5) years of experience as an IT Specialist
• Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, Cybersecurity, Computer Engineering, or related discipline
• Minimum DOD 8140/DOD 8570 IAT Level II Certification (CCNA-Security, GICSP, GSEC, Security+, SSCP)
• Strong attention to detail and organizational skills. Excellent communications skills.
ACTIVE TS/SCI + CI POLY REQUIRED
No Shift-Work or Travel Required.
EMW, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.